HOME

Track your shipment

Client Testimonials

"We wish to convey our sincere thanks to your organization which has been professionally handling our biz since 2003. We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone of your staff members who supported and helped us during the hard times and gave us workable solutions and ideas to reach our business objectives. Al Rana Equipment & Machinery Trading Eng. Bassam Nowfat - Managing Director"

Al Rana Equipment & Machinery Trading,
View All

Subscribe To NewsLetter

Stay Updated with the latest news & Events and other activities

Subscribe Me !

News View

OIL MAJOR TOTAL AND ARAMCO SIGN $5 BILLION DEAL TO BUILD JUBAIL PETROCHEMICAL COMPLEX
4/10/2018 12:00:00 AM
PARIS, April 10 (Reuters) - French oil and gas major Total on Tuesday signed a $5 billion deal with Saudi Aramco to build a giant petrochemical complex at their 440,000 barrels-per-day Jubail Satorp refinery.
Saudi Aramco holds a 62.5 percent stake in the refinery, while Total holds the other 37.5 percent.
The memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed on the sidelines of a visit by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Paris.
“The project will represent an investment of around $5 billion. The two partners are planning to start the front-end engineering and design in the third quarter of 2018,” Total said in a statement.Total added that 8,000 jobs would be created by the deal.
The complex will comprise a mixed-feed steam cracker with a capacity of 1.5 million tons per year of ethylene and related high-added-value petrochemical units, the statement said.
The cracker will feed other petrochemical and specialty chemical plants representing an overall amount of $4 billion investment by third party investors, it said, taking the total investment to $9 billion.
“This project illustrates our strategy of maximizing the integration of our large refining and petrochemical platforms and of expanding our petrochemical operations from low-cost feedstock, to take advantage of the fast growing Asian polymer market,” said Total’s chief executive Patrick Pouyanne.
Thanks